Hadlee

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Kadence

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Aubrey

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

rAiNbOw CaKe. . . .

I've had several people ask me how to make the rainbow cake, I didn't take any step by step pictures, but I can give you all the info minus the pictures!!
What you need:
1 white cake mix mixed up like normal
gel food coloring
1~ Mix up the cake mix as directed on the box.
2~ Get 6 bowls, and put 1 cup of batter in each bowl.
3~ Add food coloring till you get the desired color you want.
4~ You need to separate pans, either two round pans or two 8X8 square pans, I used the square pans.
5~ Start with one color and take 1/2 c. an plop it in the middle of one pan. Do this with all the colors, don't do any stirring, just plopping in the middle, it will spread on it's own. Do the same with the other pan, but do to colors in the opposite order.
6~ Bake and frost as normal.
If anyone tries this, I want to see pics! This was my first time doing it and it turned out pretty good, and Aubrey loved it!

1 comments:

Mary Ann said...

That is freaking awesome. I am going to keep that in my arsenal until January when we have another birthday at our house. I will post a picture for you....