
Aubrey has been complaining for a few days that a couple of her teeth were hurting. She bumped her mouth on Kadence's head a few days before that, but I never thought much of it. Sunday she said she had a hard time chewing on things, so I gave her medicine to help with the pain. Monday her top lip looked a little swollen, and from the inside you couldn't see anything. I thought maybe she had a tooth or gum infection from when she hit heads with Kadence. She had the chills, and just didn't look like she felt very well. I had her do a few salt water rinses throughout the day in case there was an infection, and continued to give her medicine. She ended up sleeping with me last night, because she was having bad dreams and because her lip hurt. I figured it would be better this morning, but boy was I wrong. She was feverish all night, and when we woke up and actually looked at her face, the whole left side was swollen. So I took her to the Dr. After having her blood drawn (which she was really upset about) and running tests, they determined she has a soft tissue bacterial infection. They gave her a hefty shot of antibiotics, which she was not happy about after just getting her blood drawn, and told me to bring her back tomorrow. They said if she got any worse to bring her in and they would evaluate her, and may need to admit her into the hospital. She came home and had a bath cause her shot on her bum hurt, since then she had been on the couch wrapped in a blanket with a hot pad on her bum. She has taken a short nap, due to the lack of sleep last night, and I am keeping her dosed up on pain medicine. Hopefully the antibiotic shot is working and she will start to feel better soon! I feel so bad for her. She hasn't ate anything because she is afraid it will hurt her face. Thankfully she will drink water and eat popsicles. I can't wait for Tyrell to come home so I can have some help. I'm getting a little worn out!





4 comments:
Holy crap! That looks awful. How not fun. I am always worried something crazy like that will happen to the boys. Surprised it hasn't actually. Man hope it gets better fast. I can't believe you are already that far along with your pregnancy. It seems like you just barely put it on your blog. Crazy. Are you getting excited or feeling overwhelmed? Where did you say Tyrell was at?
Oh my goodness! How sad the poor thing. Who would have thought? I would have done the same thing though so don't feel bad. Hey if you need me to watch your kids when you come over this way for DR appointments or whatever, let me know... even if its in the middle of the night on the way to the hospital. Good luck with everything. Talk to you later
I feel so awful, aubrey looks so sad and hurt! I hope she gets feeling better soon and Tyrell hurries home. Hang in there!
That is SO sad! I hope she gets better soon! and thank goodness that Tyrell is coming home soon! Good luck...if you need someone to talk to just give me a call!
Post a Comment